Sunday 4 May 2014

The Walking Man

An orginal poem I wrote this afternoon called The Walking Man.



I fell in love with a walking man.  
He walked so far, he lost my hand.
He crossed the oceans and all the seas.  
He picked flowers, just for me!
He moved stars one by one
And then, when he was finally done,
He showed me the arrow in the sky
And told me that the birds could fly
Him to me,
As the arrow pointed to where he’d be.

I fell in love with a walking man.  
He skipped across the desert sand.
He let his heart take him where
His dreams could expand in the air.  
He carried on his way,
Meeting women, that couldn’t stay.  
The walking man grew lonely fast!
His walk continued, but he left his love in the past.
He saw the finish line upon a horizon,
The sun was melting all around him!
And then he saw I was standing there,
In amongst the warm sea air.
He reached out to hold me,  
Except between us stood a sea.  
Slowly I outstretched my limb,
But walking man could not swim.

No comments:

Post a Comment